It’s December and I am in the United States wrapping up work, packing my home and trying to get some details situated for a year abroad. It’s hectic and then of course, it’s the holidays! It’s hard for me to imagine January in Paris and the year ahead. I know it will be wonderful, but I am in the classic frame of mind of feeling buried with “stuff”.
To brighten my spirits, I have been thinking of little explorations and adventures I want to take on in my first 90 days. Some of these are personal challenges and others are things I have meant to do when in Paris, but they have escaped me. Here is what I am looking forward to in the short term:
- The holiday displays at Galeries Lafayette (worth the crowds)
- Finding Shakespeare & Co. bookstore
- Mint tea at la Grande Mosquée de Paris*
- A walk to the Eiffel Tower or Arc de Trump once a week
- Eating roasted chestnuts from the street vendors
- A tour with Corey Frye of A French Frye in Paris
- The Louvre (I am going to make it my second home in Paris)
- Coffee at IBRIK Paris
- The hunt to meet some of my favorite Paris podcasters and writers/bloggers
I am sure there are more activities I should jot down. Send me your excursions ideas to divert me from the chaos of setting up life in a new city. What would you do if you had some time in Paris? Let me know!
*I will follow up with a post on la Mosquée de Paris. I am intrigued by the Turkish baths, but I may need to work up my courage to take part in la Hammam (a public spa, steam, exfoliation and massage experience). It could be a nice treat in the cold of winter or it could be one of those scary naked dreams that play out over and over again. More to come.